Marketing & Events Internship
Who are we?
TOPOSOPHY is one of Europe’s leading agencies in place making and marketing. Whether we’re developing a destination master-plan, a study on the latest consumer trend on travel or delivering a placemaking workshop, we like to bring together all the talents of our diverse team and pride ourselves on delivering outstanding quality for our clients.
Since our inception in 2010, we’ve expanded our portfolio of clients and projects, as well as our horizons for the future.
Would you like to join?
What are we looking for?
We encourage applicants from skilled and motivated young people to serve as interns at TOPOSOPHY. The purpose of the internship is to provide an opportunity for individuals to substantially contribute to and learn from our work. The intern will be given specific tasks and responsibilities and will be challenged to develop their capabilities and gain experience. The intern is expected to be flexible and to take part in various activities at the office and in the field. TOPOSOPHY’s work is organized in three main areas. These are: Research & Assessment, Marketing & Communications and Event Planning and Management. Intern applicants should specify which area/s interests them most in the application.
- Acquire knowledge through the coordination and communication of festivals and other events, event manuals and event meetings; primarily focusing on the Taste of Athens events & happenings (year-round) and the Dine Athens Restaurant Week (January/February).
- Gain knowledge with the research, presentation and management of festival annual plans, budgets, purchases, expenses, vendor agreements and operational task list
- Exposure to the management of all logistical needs including but not limited to entertainment, catering, décor, signage, audio/visual, gifts, etc. of festival events
- Become familiar with a wide range of market trends through the collection and analysis of international and domestic resources
- Put forward insights and recommendations for destination marketing organizations, tourism industry groups and government agencies while supporting the compilation of policy papers, research reports and marketing strategies
- Select, create and post content on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter);
- Work on increasing followers and sales (Facebook, Instagram);
- Propose new marketing methods and channels of communication.
- Pursuing a degree and/or career in communications, events, public relations, marketing, research or related field.
- Travel and tourism, Public Relations and Events training or experience preferred
- Motivated, highly organized, and possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters
- Must be computer literate, and versed in the use of social media platforms.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop
- The TOPOSOPHY Internship Program is available year-round.
- Minimum Duration: 8 weeks
- Preferred commitment of a minimum of 30 hours a week.
- Paid internship
- Transfers & Meals will be covered for the full period.
- Flexible working hours & remote working policy
- In-house training & education
- Attendance to international conferences and events
- Performance bonus and/or job offer will apply on selected candidates upon completion of their internship period.