Senior Research Analyst
Who are we?
TOPOSOPHY is one of Europe’s leading agencies in place making and marketing. Whether we’re developing a destination master-plan, a study on the latest consumer trend on travel or delivering a placemaking workshop, we like to bring together all the talents of our diverse team and pride ourselves on delivering outstanding quality for our clients.
Since our inception in 2010, we’ve expanded our portfolio of clients and projects, as well as our horizons for the future. Would you like to join?
What are we looking for?
TOPOSOPHY is currently seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with relevant professional experience in analysing business intelligence data and tracking trends in tourism and travel to join our firm as a Research Analyst. You would report to our core-team in Athens, however we offer a remote-working policy/ this position is not location-dependent.
What will you do?
- Research topics and trends using a broad range of data sources, including surveys, executive interviews and other sources of primary and secondary research
- Closely follow industry events and innovations; cultivate and share market expertise
- Review reports on current topics and and write reports giving your professional opinion
- Work closely with our clients to identify their problems and goals and deliver meaningful findings for them
- Contribute to consumer research projects, from survey design to preparing and presenting final deliverables. This includes both quantitative and qualitative methodologies (e.g., focus groups)
- Support our media activities and events (such as speaking engagements and workshops)
- Liaise with other departments to support the overall growth of TOPOSOPHY's business
- Work with colleagues and external partners to develop survey questionnaires, carry out data collection, analyze findings and aggregate results
- Prepare findings in an attractive and imaginative way, in slide decks and final reports
- Manage or contribute to qualitative research projects, including development of discussion guides, interviews with key executives, analyst briefings and desk research
- Assist in the sales process by recommending approaches and methodologies to clients in order to build successful project proposals
What experience should you have?
- A masters degree and 5 years work experience in a field that’s relevant to the job description
- Experience working in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry, and a strong interest in the trends shaping consumer demand
- Familiarity with writing consumer surveys
- Technical experience in statistical analysis, data modeling, and KPI measurement
- Confident using Excel, Word and PowerPoint to process and present findings in a clear, professional way
- A high level of written and spoken English (experience in writing long-form articles and giving presentations). Other European languages are a plus.
We’d love it if you are:
- Able to solve problems and have a good attention to detail
- A team player with good team spirit and positive attitude
- Well-organized and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to plan own work priorities and demonstrate initiative
- Willing to take on new challenges and meet tight deadlines
- Able to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Are able to use excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technology tools skills, including an understanding of relational database concepts, data warehousing, preparation tools, and visualization (proficiency in SQL, Alteryx, and Tableau is highly desired)
- Background in statistics and/or SPSS is a plus
- Comfortable with quantitative analysis, including public financial reporting, survey data, and other data sets
- Public speaking and presentations of all forms – large audiences, client presentations, live interviews and panels is a plus
- Working knowledge of destination marketing is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working policy
- Additional vacation time
- In-house training & education
- Paid courses & career development opportunities
- Attendance to international conferences and events
- Additional benefits, include sales commission and performance bonuses (based on targets).